This course is intended for seagoing staff who are involved in the correct use of fuels in emission controlled areas.
Low sulphur fuel management is required by MARPOL Annex VI. On 1st January 2015, the sulphur limit of fuel oil used by vessels within the an Emission Control Area will be reduced from 1% 0.10%. These limits are being enforced by Port State Control using a variety of techniques including “Sniffing Technology” deployed on bridges and drones as well Port State Control Inspections.
Failure to comply with the regulations could result in vessel detention or prosecution.
In this course you will cover:
- the rules and requirements for low sulphur fuel
- the factors to consider when planning to switch from Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) to Marine Gas Oil (MGO)
- considerations when using low sulphur fuel
- fuel change-over procedures
- log books and record keeping requirements.
View a demo of this course.